Student Well-Being Leader
We all know that when our children feel good about themselves, are happy and have positive relationships with teachers, peers and parents, they are more likely to enjoy life and school and be successful and engaged in their learning.
School Well-Being Leader
School based well-being leaders are qualified teachers with additional skills in promoting and supporting student learning and wellbeing.
The Well-Being Leader at Mount Barker Primary School supports students and the wider school community, and helps them manage things that are happening in their lives. This also involves developing skills and building confidence for independence in the future.
The Well-Being Leader role also includes:
- Help to manage relationships with family, teachers and peers
- Support to manage issues of concern, including behaviour
- Academic guidance
- Information about and referrals to other support agencies
- Support to encourage attendance and learning at school
- Support with health and wellbeing, including social/emotional
- Helps to ensure that school is safe, supportive and respectful
- Leading staff in the area of child protection including the Child Protection Curriculum
- Leadership in and support for Positive Education across the school
- Support staff with developing growth mindset thinking in students